Welcome to Nana C++ Library's website
The Nana project is aimed at providing a software framework for
there are many commponents, such as graphics user interface, threads.
Nana is a free/open-source library written in C++ with
OO and generic. The
Boost Software License
encourages both commerical and non-commerical use.
This website will help you get started using Nana and provide you the links to
documentations and downloads.
The support of platforms: Windows, Linux(X11)
The support of compiler:
C++03 = GCC(MinGW) 3.4/VC 7.1 and later.
C++11 = GCC(MinGW) 4.7/VC 2012 RC
Any comments and feedback appreciated!
Browse the source code at
Tip: Before building it, the library <nana/config.hpp> should be configured if the target platform is Linux.
Refer to Installation Library Documentation for details.
The Nana.C++03 does not work probably in C++11, Nana.C++11 is recommanded for develpement in C++11.
Thanks friends who make a great progress for this project. Contribution List
August 18, 2013. Nana 0.5.4 released. Refer to
Sourceforge project page/blog
for more details.
Overview of changes from Nana 0.5.3
- an intersection algorithm error, SF#10(a crash), typeface_changed() issue.
- improved class pixel_buffer, alpha_channel supported for PNG.
Nana 0.5.3 July 20, 2013
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.5.2
- menubar.background() issue, effect_edge_nimbus issue.
- Platform auto-detective, new background effects, convenient constructors by qPCR4vir.
Nana 0.5.2 June 16, 2013
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.5.1
- CP#6 and A compiling error in Nana.C++11. 2 fixes for place by qPCR4vir.
- New events, some improvements
Nana 0.5.1 May 17, 2013
Overview of Chanages from Nana 0.5
- SF#3, SF#4, SF#5, CP#3, CP#5 and some fixes by qPCR4vir.
- A new event for window moving, An intuitive show() method alternative to operator() by Ptolomey, Ctrl+X support for textbox and combox by qPCR4vir and a class place improvement.
Nana 0.5 April 14, 2013
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.4.3
- many bug were fixed, CP#2
- The license is changed to Boost Software License, a new class place for layout and a new animation class.
Nana GUI Layout by John R. Bandela
Requires Boost, jrbjson, Nana
A JSON based layout engine for Nana, this allows skipping compile, link, run cycle to make positioning changes.
The Nana Programmer's Guide. The latest update: July 20, 2013
Nana C++ Library
Compatibility Issue, a list of the compatibility issue of compiler.
Forums :Help and Open discussion.
Reporting a bug for improving the library.
Download Nana at sourceforge.net
Hello world in Nana
The FreeMe: A Nana Sample Project under Windows