Welcome to Nana C++ Library's website
The Nana project is aimed at providing a software framework for
there are many commponents, such as graphics user interface, threads.
Nana is a free/open-source library written in C++ with
OO and generic. The
Boost Software License
encourages both commerical and non-commerical use.
This website will help you get started using Nana and provide you the links to
documentations and downloads.
The support of platforms: Windows, Linux(X11)
The support of compiler:
C++03 = GCC(MinGW) 3.4/VC 7.1 and later.
C++11 = GCC(MinGW) 4.7/VC 2012 RC
Any comments and feedback appreciated!
Browse the source code at
Tip: Before building it, the library <nana/config.hpp> should be configured if the target platform is Linux.
Refer to Installation Library Documentation for details.
June 16, 2013. Nana 0.5.2 released. Refer to
Sourceforge project page/blog
for more details.
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.5.1
- CP#6 and A compiling error in Nana.C++11. 2 fixes for place by qPCR4vir.
- New events, some improvements
Nana 0.5.1 May 17, 2013
Overview of Chanages from Nana 0.5
- SF#3, SF#4, SF#5, CP#3, CP#5 and some fixes by qPCR4vir.
- A new event for window moving, An intuitive show() method alternative to operator() by Ptolomey, Ctrl+X support for textbox and combox by qPCR4vir and a class place improvement.
Nana 0.5 April 14, 2013
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.4.3
- many bug were fixed, CP#2
- The license is changed to Boost Software License, a new class place for layout and a new animation class.
Nana 0.4.3 February 20, 2013
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.4.2
- Many issues under Linux, sf.ticket#1
- improved textbox, listbox and threads::pool.
Nana 0.4.2 January 25, 2013
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.4.1
- compiling error in support of PNG, filebox, bad behavior of menu::max_pixels.
- automatic NANA_MINGW configuration.
Nana 0.4.1 December 25, 2012
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.4
- Flickering caret issue, bad caret position and a x64 error.
- Supported for MinGW.
Nana 0.4 November 10, 2012
Overview of Changes from Nana 0.3.1
- SF#2, two crash errors, a scroll error.
- Improved scroll, slider and listbox, drawing, threadpool.
- Improved the support of multithreading.
- A C++11-like mutex and condition_variable implementation.
Nana GUI Layout by John R. Bandela
Requires Boost, jrbjson, Nana
A JSON based layout engine for Nana, this allows skipping compile, link, run cycle to make positioning changes.
The Nana Programmer's Guide. The latest update: June 16, 2013
Nana C++ Library
Compatibility Issue, a list of the compatibility issue of compiler.
Forums :Help and Open discussion.
Reporting a bug for improving the library.
Download Nana at sourceforge.net
Hello world in Nana
The FreeMe: A Nana Sample Project under Windows